This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Complaints Procedure

If you have a suggestion, concern or complaint about the service you have received from the doctors, nurses or any of the personnel at Ridgmount Practice, please do let us know.  We operate a practice complaint procedure as part of an NHS complaints system, which meets national criteria.



 We hope that we can sort most problems out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If you wish to make complaint, please do so as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of a few days. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If doing that is not possible your complaint should be submitted within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem. You should address your complaint in writing to the Practice Manager, Carol Sheils who will make sure that we deal with your concerns promptly.

Please click here for our complaint form.




We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality (a separate leaflet giving more detail on confidentiality is available on request).  If you are not the patient, but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their permission to do so.  An authority signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or infirmity) of providing this. A Third Party Consent Form can be requested at reception.



 We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and aim to have fully investigated within 10 working days of the date it was received.  If we expect it to take longer we will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when we expect to finish. When we look into your complaint, we will investigate the circumstances; make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned; make sure you receive an apology if this is appropriate, and take steps to make sure any problem does not arise again. You will receive a final letter setting out the result of any practice investigations.


If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you may refer the matter to:


The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

Millbank Tower

30 Millbank



Tel: 03003112233        



You may also make your complaint to:


NHS England (NHSE)                                                                              

PO Box 16738

Redditch, B97 9PT

Tel: 020 3317 3500       




NHS Complaints Advocacy

This service provides practical support and information to people who want to complain about an NHS service. They offer independent, free and confidential advice, contact details:  Phone no: 0300 330 5454      E-mail:

NHS Complaints Advocacy


Mount Pleasant House

Huntingdon Road


CB3 0RN.

Can I get help and support with making my complaint?

Yes. If you require independent, confidential assistance with a complaint you can contact the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS).

ICAS can provide you with support and advocacy and their contact details are:


Email: (this link will open in a new window - popups must be allowed)

Telephone: 0300 330 5454
Textphone: 07860022939
Fax: 0330 088 3762

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website